Sometimes you need to ‘squeeze that spot’ and have those difficult conversations. It’s a top three training need in UK managers. This workshop has already helped thousands of people improve their results. You will reverse the delay, stress and nervousness by learning all you need to be calm, direct, and achieve a quick return to full productivity.
Dealing with difficult situations (1-day)
In a sentence
To improve your capability to deal with your difficult situations.
What recent participants say
“I found it very useful and it has increased my confidence in dealing with difficult people in a variety of situations, not just my job.”
“The course was really engaging and has given me practical skills to tackle challenging conversations.”
Senior manager, IT
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Recognise the values and preferences at play in others
- Behave assertively to remain thinking during conversations
- Use questioning and listening to advance your conversations
- Describe three things to manage your emotions during conversations
- Use the techniques learned to manage three ‘difficult’ situations
- Commit to an action plan that gets the results you want
- Personal goal setting.
- Introduce Everything DiSC® characteristics profile.
- The essentials of behaving assertively.
- A six-stage process for difficult conversations.
- See video clips of successful challenging conversations.
- Skills practise.
- Action planning.
To help apply it straight away
- Your participant activity pack.
- Your unique ROBERTSON action planner.
- Prompt card reminder of key points.
Workplace action options
To supercharge and get even quicker results you can add one or more of these options.
- Fortnightly email to help keep the training in mind.
- Coaching call from one of our qualified coaches.
- Follow up session to assess progress and results.
If you do not meet the training objectives after completing the required activities, we will give you twice your money back. No question.